The Welcoming Center is a mental health clinic for adults (18+) that offers counseling, case management, and psychiatric appointments. The Center is staffed with a team of nurses, social workers/counselors, peer specialists, and advanced practice nurses.
Call 773.561.5809773.561.5809 if you are experiencing a mental health crisis or in need of immediate behavioral health care.
Services Are for Adults Who:
- Are having a mental health crisis
- Need immediate behavioral health care
- Are unable to access psychiatric services in a timely manner
- Have been discharged from the hospital and need follow-up for behavioral health treatment
Services are geared toward a number of common issues including anxiety, depression, bi-polar disorder, alcohol or drug problems, post-traumatic stress, domestic violence, and other emotional stressors.
- Telehealth services available
- Immediate assessment and treatment
- Crisis Services
- A fast-track to psychiatry services
- Case management
- Support groups and peer counseling
How Are These Services Covered?
- Managed Care
- Private Insurance
What Is a Mental Health or Addiction Crisis?
If you or someone you know are experiencing any of the following:
- Talking about or thinking of hurting themselves (suicidal) or harming others (homicidal)
- Struggling to keep up with hygiene that is unusual, such as brushing teeth and showering
- Irregular sleep patterns; unexplained periods of exhaustion or inability to sleep for days at a time
- Extreme moodiness or agitation; quick tempered, "short fuse"
- Abusing drugs and alcohol
- Harming self, such as cutting or burning
- Isolation, such as missing school or work, cutting off family and friends
- Seems to be preparing for a departure; giving away personal belongings, saying "goodbye," giving away pets, tying up "loose ends"
- Seeing or hearing things that nobody else does; hallucinating
- Paranoia and suspicion; feeling like everyone is "out to get them"