Get the Support You Need Now!
We Can Come to You
LSSI’s Mobile Crisis Team can come to your location, if you are on the north side of Chicago.
Call 833.610.LSSI (5774)833.610.LSSI (5774)
Children & Teens
24/7 Mobile Support that comes to you.
Call CARES Line: 1.800.345.90491.800.345.9049
Project IMPACT offers crisis support, information and referral 24/7.
Located in these north side of Chicago hospital emergency rooms:
- Community First Medical Center
- Methodist Hospital
- St. Anthony Hospital
- Swedish Covenant Hospital
- Thorek Memorial Hospital
- Weiss Memorial Hospital
Are You or Someone You Know Experiencing a Mental Health Crisis?
Get help if you or someone you know are experiencing any of the following:
- Talking about or thinking of hurting themselves (suicidal) or harming others (homicidal)
- Struggling to keep up with hygiene that is unusual, such as brushing teeth and showering
- Irregular sleep patterns; unexplained periods of exhaustion or inability to sleep for days at a time
- Extreme moodiness or agitation; quick tempered, "short fuse"
- Abusing drugs and alcohol
- Harming self, such as cutting or burning
- Isolated or withdrawn, such as missing school or work, cutting off family and friends
- Seems to be preparing for a departure; giving away personal belongings, saying "goodbye," giving away pets, tying up "loose ends"
- Seeing or hearing things that nobody else does; hallucinating
- Paranoia and suspicion; feeling like everyone is "out to get them"
Please call 911 if the person has harmed themselves, attempting to harm others, or acting violent.
What to Expect When You Contact LSSI’s Crisis Services
We want you to feel safe to openly share your feelings with us. We will never share anything that we discuss with anyone else.
We will treat you with dignity and respect. Each of our staff have degrees in social work or counseling and our peer support specialists are individuals who have experiences similar to yours. Also, we provide services based on LSSI's Safety Protocols.
We serve individuals with or without insurance. There is no charge for our crisis services.