Community Support Teams
Community Support Teams (CST) help individuals with a serious mental illness live more independently and have better quality of life. A team consisting of social workers/counselors, peer recovery specialists, a psychiatrist, and a nurse provide support, counseling, medication monitoring, access to community resources, and teach life skills. Most of the activities with the client are performed in the home and/or in the client's community. Clients are able to access the Team 24 hours/day, 7-days a week. If they are experiencing a mental health crisis, a team member will travel to the client’s location to provide support.
Call 833.610.LSSI (5774)833.610.LSSI (5774) for questions or to schedule an appointment.
Community Support Teams Help with the Following:
- Attending appointments (medical, dental, therapy, etc.)
- Medication monitoring
- Coping skills and management of their symptoms
- Accessing community services (food, clothing, utility assistance, etc.)
- Signing up for benefits (healthcare, disability, social security)
- Learning life skills (budgeting, grocery shopping, hygiene, laundry, etc.)
- Establishing routines and organizing
- Crisis planning
- Social Security Representative Payee
- Linkage to vocational programs
LSSI's CST works closely with the client's support system including physicians, family/loved ones, therapists, pharmacists. If the client doesn't have a support system, then the team will work with the client to create one.
Services Are for Adults Who Are Living with a Mental Health Diagnosis and:
- Have had repeated inpatient hospitalizations
- May struggle with addiction
- Have been unsuccessful living in the community on their own
- Have experienced chronic homelessness
- Have had repeat arrests or incarcerations
Are You in Our Service Area?
In the map below, type your address in the box that says "Type your address here." Then hit the enter key on your keyboard. If your address appears within the orange shaded area, then you are in our service area.
Services are Provided in the City of Chicago, Oak Park, Norridge, Harwood Heights:*
- Northern Boundary: Devon Avenue
- Western Boundary: Harlem Avenue
- Eastern Boundary: Ashland Avenue
- Southern Boundary: Roosevelt Road
*other areas considered on a case-by-case basis
How Are These Services Covered?
- Managed Care
- If you're not sure that you qualify for Medicaid, please call us and we will help you find out
For more information, call 833.610.LSSI (5774)833.610.LSSI (5774).